To test whether a conversion or segment pixel is implemented properly you will need to follow these steps.
Make sure you have a tool for browsing network traffic in your browser.
- In Firefox go to Tools->Web Developer->Network
- In Chrome go to Tools->Developer Tools. Then select the Network tab.
This will allow you to view every web request that happens as you browse a website, including the pixel requests.
The steps to take
- Go to the client's landing page and start the conversion process
- Once you have completed the final step look in the network traffic.
- filter by the word "adnxs" to reduce it to just AppNexus traffic.
- You should see an entry that looks like the screenshot below.
- If the number matches the pixel you gave the client, then they have implemented it correctly.